Region 17 High Point Program
Suspended until 2021
The Region 17 High Point Program has been developed to recognize and encourage the continued participation of members of Region 17 at our horse shows.
Congrats to the 2019 winners!
Sponsor: Willow Acres
Champion: FM Ti Sento & Keira Hockersmith (178 points)
Reserve Champion: Fancy Rain Dancer & Kathy Padgham (116 points)
Champion: Afires Soldier+++// & Suzanne Calnan (561 points)
Reserve Champion: Ladys Man WH+// & Lana Weatherdon (462 points)
Sponsor: KC Performance Horses
Champion: Alltair++++// & Lisa Chovin (470 points)
Reserve Champion: Troubadour BF & Chelsea Liu (122 points)
Sponsor: Homelife Benchmark Realty
Champion: Amadea GA & Lorne Robertson (69 points)
Reserve Champion: FF Christiana & Gillian Fraser (54 points)
Sponsor: Pringle Farms
Champion: Ailanda++++// & Kristin MacGarva (1149 points)
Reserve Champion: Allottery++++// & Lorraine Prowse (1123 points)
Sponsor: Reed Training Stable
Champion: Susanne Calnan & Afires Soldier+++// (567 points)
Reserve Champion: Lisa Chovin & Alltair++++// (405 points)
Sponsor: Royden Arabians
Champion: Anna Weatherdon & Ladys Man WH+// (209 points)
Reserve Champion: Keira Hockersmith & FM Ti Sento (178 points)
Sport Horse Adult Amateur/Junior
Sponsor: Semiahmoo Stables
Champion: Lorraine Prowse & Allottery++++// (1197 points)
Reserve Champion: Kristen MacGarva and Ailanda++++// (1149 points)
Congrats to the 2018 winners!
Sponsor: McLean & Shaw Insurance
Champion: Jayded Moon+// & Lorraine Prowse (428 points)
Reserve Champion: Rose Burst++// & Tara Lumb (201 points)
Sponsor: Kim Seward Training
Champion: Majesttic Bey++++// & Michelle Sebring (46 points)
Reserve Champion: Afires Soldier++/ & Suzanne Calnan (41 points)
Sponsor: Pringle Farms
Champion: Obsidian Knightt+++// & Nicole Quinn (995 points)
Reserve Champion: Thee Llion King+++/ & Emma Cryer (646 points)
Sponsor: Rae Dawn Arabians
Champion: STLA Freeze Frame+ & Amanda Wood (178 points)
Reserve Champion: Obsidian Knightt+++// & Nicole Quinn (115 points)
Champion: Allottery+++// & Lorraine Prowse (1063 points)
Reserve Champion: National Treasure++++// & Catherine Fraser (472 points)
Sponsor: Willow Acres Equestrian Center
Champion: Lorraine Prowse & Allottery+++// (1272 points)
Reserve Champion: Catherine Fraser & National Treasure++++// (676 points)
Sponsor: Royden Arabians
Champion: Emma Cryer & Thee Llion King+++/ (480 points)
Reserve Champion: Alexis Vasseur & FF Santana (420 points)
High Point Western Pleasure
High Point English/Country English Pleasure
High Point Hunter Pleasure
High Point Sport Horse
High Point Halter (main ring)
High Point Adult Amateur
High Point Junior
Suspended until 2021
REGION 17 HIGH POINT PROGRAM
The Region 17 High Point has been developed to recognize and encourage the continued participation of members of Region 17 at our horse shows.
1. A Champion and a Reserve Champion will be awarded in each division. Prizes will be awarded to the winners.
2. Points will be calculated from January 1 to November 30. Show records for horses AND riders must be submitted from the Arabian Horse Association Web site. Class placings/calculations to be submitted on the entry form on the Region 17 web site. One entry form per category. (ex. One for the horse and a separate one for the rider) A horse and rider may be eligible for more than one division – ex: English Pleasure and Halter or Hunter Pleasure and Sport Horse but they can’t be combined for one division. The records must be RECEIVED by December 31 of the current year. (not post marked)
3. Presentations will be made at the Spring Regional Meeting. Winners will be notified and will be encouraged to attend.
4. AHA shows in Region 17 are to count. This includes Class A Region 17 shows, Western Canadian Breeders and Canadian Nationals. It will also include qualifying shows hosted by a Region 17 club as long as the show is held in Region 17 – ex: Region 5 qualifier) The Region 17 show will be a MANDATORY show in order to be eligible for the High Point awards. If you do not show at the Region 17 Championships, you are not eligible for the High Point awards. (Approved at the 2011 Region 17 Fall meeting by the delegates) It will NOT include a different Regions offsite Regional show that is held in Region 17.
5. High Point participant must be a member of a Region 17 Club, and a resident of Region 17.
6. The High Point Performance and Halter points will be calculated from all horse classes. (Equitation and halter showmanship not to count)
7. The High Point Adult Amateurs and High Point Juniors will be calculated with 1 Rider/Handler & 1 Horse combinations. Open, Amateur, Junior, Equitation, Showmanship and Halter classes to count. More than 1 combination may submitted by the owner or rider. A rider can win the Sport Horse Amateur/Junior High Point from the Sport Horse classes and can also win a High Point with a different horse in a different division. Rider/Handler does not need to be the owner of the horse.
8. All exhibitors entering Region 17 High Point are assumed to have knowledge and understanding of the above rules and point system.
Class A Shows
1 point for every horse that you beat. Include yourself in the point count. Points calculated up to 6 placings. (ex: 1st out of 6 = 6 points)
2 points for every horse you beat. Include yourself in the point count. Points calculated up to 6 placings. (ex: 1st out of 6 = 12 points)
Western Canadian Breeders
4 points for every horse that you beat. Include yourself in the point count. Points calculated for the Top 6 horses at Western Canadian Breeders by placing. (ex. Champion, Reserve, Top 3, Top 4, Top 5, Top 6) (ex: Champion out of 6 = 24 points. Reserve out of 6 = 20 points Top 3 out of 6 = 16 points Top 4 out of 6 = 12 points Top 5 out of 6 = 8 points)
6 points for every horse you beat. Include yourself in the point count. Points counted for the Top 5 horses at Region 17 by placing (ex. Champion, Reserve, Top 3, Top 4, Top 5).
12 points for Champion, 10 points for Reserve Champion and 8 points calculated for the balance of the Top 10 as unranked. Include points for yourself starting with the 3rd placing.
Any questions may be directed to:
Karen Caughell (780) 464-1689 or firstname.lastname@example.org
42 Swallow Ave Sherwood Park AB T8A 3H5
AHA SHOW RECORDS MUST BE RECEIVED BY DECEMBER 31 OF THE CURRENT YEAR TO BE CONSIDERED FOR AN AWARD, NO EXCEPTIONS!
THE REGION 17 CHAMPIONSHIP SHOW IS A MANDATORY SHOW TO ATTEND TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE HIGH POINT AWARDS.
Breed Sport Canada Horse of the Year Award Criteria
Horses must be Canadian owned and registered to accumulate points
Owners and riders/drivers must be Equestrian Canada Sport Licence holders in good standing
Horses must be entered in their National Breed Association awards program where applicable
Points will be accumulated according to National Breed Association point tables
Points may only be counted in a single division and must be limited to breed specific classes (e.g. Arabian Western Pleasure).
Equitation points not to count (exception: Saddle Seat Rider Award)
Only the top five EC/USEF sanctioned events to be counted, with a minimum requirement of one Equestrian Canada sanctioned event
Horses must have won at least one Championship or Reserve Championship title in that division
Each breed representative on the Breed Sport Committee will submit the name of their award winner to the Committee and Kristy House at Equestrian Canada by December 31st
Breed Sport Canada Saddle Seat Rider of the Year Award Criteria
Riders must be Equestrian Canada Sport License holders in good standing
• Riders must be Amateurs
• Riders must be a Canadian Resident, for a minimum of 1 year
• Only the top five EC/USEF sanctioned events to be counted, two of which must be Equestrian Canada sanctioned events
• Riders may ride more than 1 horse
• Riders may ride more than 1 breed
• Any class ridden in Saddle Seat attire may be included: English Pleasure, Country Pleasure, Saddle Seat Equitation etc.
• Riders applying for this award must send in the following information: Show name and date, Level of Show (National, Regional, Local), Rider placing, Number of entries in class. Saddle Seat promotional activities may be included for consideration in case of a tie
• Riders must send their nomination by December 1st to the address on the nomination form