5/7/2020 - SHOW DELAYED - Last night the Region 17 executive and show commission met by teleconference. After hearing from many of our members, the Show Commission would like to move ahead with the idea of a Region 17 Championship show in the fall (should the Alberta Medical Health Officers allow such events to happen).
Expect the Show Commission to connect with you, your trainer or other Arabian horse enthusiasts to see if you would have an interest in participating in a fall show. It will be important to try to get an estimate of how many people might want to participate, knowing that we will be competing against Sporthorse Nationals and US Nationals.
The Commission is now moving forward on reviewing the show prize list, order garlands and preparing for the show. Should the direction of the Alberta Medical Health Officer rule against a fall show, then at least you, our members, know that we have tried.